How to Apply (Transfer)
Thank you for your interest in Hampton University. We are delighted you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here at Hampton University. We hope the information that follows will enable you to give careful consideration to Hampton University as you make plans to continue your education. The Office of Admission and the academic departments are responsible for evaluating credits earned from other educational institutions. To receive an evaluation, please follow the instructions provided below.
- Apply and gain admission to Hampton University
- Have your *Official transcripts from all schools previously attended mailed to:
The Office of Undergraduate Admission
Attn: Transfer Student Services
Hampton, Virginia 23668
- Students meeting the above criteria may expect an evaluation approximately 2 to 4 weeks following receipt of all transcript(s). Notification of the evaluation will be sent directly to the student.
- Admission is contingent upon successful completion of all courses in progress. A final transcript should be sent to the Office of Admission to include all course work completed prior to enrollment at Hampton University.
*Official transcripts – transcripts from a college stamped with appropriate college seal and authentication. Hampton University will not accept unofficial transcripts for evaluation.
Only general education classes will be evaluated upon admission, all other transferable classes will be evaluated by the respective academic departments.
Check List for Transfer Students
- The signed and completed application form
- Official transcripts from all accredited colleges/universities attended
- Application fee of $35.00 (non-refundable) a cashier’s check or money order are the accepted forms of payment. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Official high school transcript and SAT or ACT Scores (if you have less than 30 credit hours)
- A copy of your social security card (for financial aid purposes)
- One letter of recommendation
- Autobiographical essay
Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you during the admission process.