Admission Requirements for Re-Entering Students
Students seeking re-entry into the University must file an application with the Director of Admission in the term of planned re-entry and follow the procedures enumerated below.
- Submit an application for readmission by July 31st for the fall semester, November 1st for the spring semester.
- Provide a copy of transcripts of academic work completed at other institutions since separating from Hampton University, if applicable. (See notes below)
Students seeking readmission please note the following:
- The readmission process requires approval from three campus units to include:
- Student Affairs
- Student's Academic Department
- Student Health Center
The Office of Admission will request the above approvals on behalf of the student. Please allow two to three weeks for completion of this process.
Once the process has been completed, the Office of Admission will notify the readmission applicant in writing.
Applications submitted closer to deadlines may require additional processing time.
Students seeking readmission after a dismissal must also adhere to the following:
- If separation from the University was related to a first academic dismissal, a student must complete six credit hours of non-repeat courses at Hampton University and earn a 2.5 grade point average prior to the term of re-entry.
- If separation from the University was related to a second dismissal, a student must complete six credit hours of non repeat courses at a different college than Hampton University, and earn a 2.5 grade point average prior to the term of re-entry
Any student with more than three voluntary withdrawals (for reasons other than medical ones) during his or her tenure, or with three academic dismissals is ineligible to apply for re-entry.