Admission Requirements for International Students
Students from outside the continental United States are welcome at Hampton University. Interested applicants should communicate with the Dean of Admission, who will provide the necessary forms for making application and will make known to them whatever special requirements they must meet.
The student must present evidence of having an educational background equivalent to an American Secondary School education. In cases where educational records are submitted in a language other than English, an admission decision will be delayed until the record is translated. Each candidate must present satisfactory credentials to be offered admission.
The college requires the following:
- High School Completion.
- African Students - General Certificate of Education or the West African School Certificate, Ordinary level, and Division II, with at least 6 passes. (One each in English grammar, mathematics, and science).
- Others: Completion of high school equivalency as attested by the AACRAO National Credentials Evaluation Project.
- Score not less than 1000 on SAT (Math and Evidenced Based Reading score only) or an equivalent score on the ACT, or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Issuance of I-20 Form (will not occur until):
- Payment of first year's fees in full; or
- American sponsor vouches for payment of same.